Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

COUTURE SS12 : Jean Paul Gaultier

 Wow. Amy Winehouse might be dead but certainly not forgotten! I have to say that I found couture a bit dull this year without the spectacle that is Galliano. However all was forgiven when Gaultier shoved a catwalk full of Amy Winehouse-esque models in Winehouse inspired gear down the runway. A-mazing. What a show!

 It was nice to see a spectacle again and the models were smoking!!!! Pure Winehouse style! Brilliant - reminds of the Louis Vuitton collection where Kate Moss chewed on a silk cut purple all the way down the catwalk.  It was also besides the kitsch 50s references ala Winehouse, it was a burst of color with just the right amount of playfulness for my liking. I LOVED the colorful wigs.
 Is that a baseball jacket in leather I see before me?
 I found the colors inspiring - especially the use of blues which cropped up in the Chanel show as well as Karl worked several shades of blue into the collection. I love how there seemed to be a really fun and colorful work gear element to the show as pencils skirts in burst of colored sequins were placed with waist belts which clashed and shirts tied at the waist. It was difficult to know where to look but then, somehow the whole effect just seemed fun!
 I am loving all over blue! I really want to start wearing or using this color more in my own style. I have an eyeshadow or two that I could use. Collars and fabrics seemed draped over models, revealing glimpses of corsets and bras underneath. In fact the fabric in the dress below just seems tied on!
 There is something wonderfully 90s about this picture above!
 Not sure why all the models came out with veils on - but it happened! Still, I had gotten so bored of all the couture I had seen so far this week. It just felt as if it had been reined in a bit. It's odd, January Vogue UK talked about how fashion was starting to enjoy itself again following the minimalist designs which had reigned on catwalks since 2008-9 and now couture seems to have swapped places with the RTW and produced a somewhat quieter affair.
But you can always count on Gaultier to add some old school to the catwalks!

TRENDS TO WATCH
Waist belts
color
sequins and leather
veils
mixing textures
hips
corsets
draped fabrics
Amy Winehouse
beehives
50s
90s

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar