Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

NEW YORK FASHION WEEK: Marc Jacobs SS17

 YAS KWEEN!

I officially declare this my favorite catwalk of SS17. Mind you, when the list of inspirations read clubs kids, grunge, 80s and Marilyn Manson, it isn't hard to impress me.

 I literally loved it. I saw so many things from my time as a goth/punk kid in the late 90s. The huge platforms, the synthetic dreads, the knee/thigh high socks, the baggy jumper over shirts.....the list goes on. I loved it.
I normally do like Marc to be fair. I also liked Marc by Marc Jacobs too. Now the two are merged together (something a lot of designers are doing now) and I honestly think this was an amazing idea. Combine the two and make a much stronger (yet accessible) impact. I think this was what he was going for.

I know a few people are giving out about the use of hoodie/jumpers on the catwalk as 'played out' but I still have time for it. Who doesn't need or want a massive jumper/hoodie? No one. Although I am hoping that this won't lead to a massive increase in people getting fake dreads though. But I am down for bringing back the thigh high socks!






TRENDS TO NOTE:

Platforms
Army jackets
Hoodies
Jumpers
Oversized proportions
Long socks
Sports socks
Dreads (erm)
70's style hot pants
Club kids
Grunge

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar