Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Rick Perry, the Secessionist Idiot King of Texas

I'm not exactly sure why, but I have this reaction to Texas governor Rick Perry. Everytime I so much as see his name in print, I have an overwhelming urge to hit somebody in the face.

I can't be exactly sure when it happened, but somewhere along the way, the Texas governorship became Karl Rove's personal affirmative action program for diagnosable idiots. First, George W. Bush was elected and re-elected and now Perry has been running the show (if in fact it can be called that) for a decade now. For whatever reason, Texans are allergic to basic competence.

However much I don't like the man, I do admire his determination in making Sarah Palin look like Stephen Hawking with better gams. It's ballsy as fuck, but it shows that Perry knows what the American people want in a chief executive, irredeemable stupidity.

Perry's hostility to the Obama administration is such that I wouldn't be at all surprised if the governor launched his re-election bid next year in Dealy Plaza. Which is sure strange, because Perry was awfully supportive when President Bush began the arduous task of destroying America that Obama is merely taking over the finish line.

Ultimately, that's what's behind my recent tirades against Republicans; their almost unbelievable hypocrisy. There were maybe only five conservatives - of which I was proudly one - that were willing to point out that Bush and his GOP Congress governed slightly to left of the Shining Path, but once a Democrat adopts their basic policy of wrecking the economy, the fucking Republicans make it sound like the Winter Palace is being stormed all over again.

Look, whatever the merits, there are really good reasons that this isn't the time for the United States to reform its health care system. First and foremost is the fact that they can't fucking afford it right now. At minimum, it will cost a trillion dollars, which seemed like a lot of money just 10 months ago. Would it be nice if doctors removed your kid's tonsils for no other than they have to? Sure, but your wallet's empty and the credit cards are maxed out.

Like stupid people everywhere, Rick Perry has taken his opposition to Obama to wonderfully silly extremes. There really hasn't been anything that's warmed my heart the way a governor participating in a protest against government spending has. Some people like babies and others like cocaine, but marching against democracy the kind of thing that makes me smile.

Then came Perry's threats of secession, which Texas has a rather complicated history with. The United States was quite content with stealing Texas from Mexico, but that didn't necessarily mean that they wanted those crazy bastards in the Union. In fact, Congress twice refused Texas statehood. Almost immediately after becoming a state, Texas seceded and fought on the wrong side of the War of Northern Aggression. Any halfway normal country would have gone to war with Mexico in 1865 and forced them to take Texas back.

I can't think of another state that has done as well with military bases and space centers as Texas has, yet still professes to loathe the federal government. If Obama was smart, he would sell the entire fucking place to the first willing Mexican drug cartel.

Now Governor Perry is starting to act like George Wallace, standing defiantly in the school house door and denying entry to ObamaCare.
Gov. Rick Perry, raising the specter of a showdown with the Obama
administration, suggested Thursday that he would consider invoking states’
rights protections under the 10th Amendment to resist the president’s healthcare
plan, which he said would be "disastrous" for Texas.

Interviewed by conservative talk show host Mark Davis of Dallas’
WBAP/820 AM, Perry said his first hope is that Congress will defeat the plan,
which both Perry and Davis described as "Obama Care." But should it pass, Perry
predicted that Texas and a "number" of states might resist the federal health
mandate.

"I think you’ll hear states and governors standing up and saying 'no’ to
this type of encroachment on the states with their healthcare," Perry said. "So
my hope is that we never have to have that stand-up. But I’m certainly willing
and ready for the fight if this administration continues to try to force their
very expansive government philosophy down our collective throats."
I mentioned that Rick Perry is a retard, right? I just wanted to make sure.

I love the Tenth Amendment and wish that it had some legal controlling authority in the real world. Sadly, it doesn't. For all I know, the Founding Fathers only inserted it because they wanted a round number of amendments for the Bill of Rights. I'm not aware of a single federal law ever being overturned on Tenth Amendment grounds. If President Reagan could impose a national 21 drinking age and speed limit, then the Tenth Amendment is meaningless. As a matter of fact, the Supreme Court has actually said so on at least two occasions.

But what about the much ballyhooed Will of the People, huh? Invoking that proves that you're every bit the imbecile the governor of Texas is. As you may or may not know, at least six states legalized medical marijuana. The Bush administration responded by saying "Who gives a shit?" The "who gives a shit" side triumphed in Gonzales, Attorney General , et al. v. Raich, et al all the way back in 2005.

in 1996, the Clinton administration and the chucklehead Republican Congress were terrified that a state might permit same-sex marriage, which actually hadn't happened yet. They responded by passing the affront to the Constitution commonly known as the Defense of Marriage Act, which flies in the face of both the Full Faith and Credit Clause and 220 years of American legal tradition. As a matter of fact, DOMA specifically allowed the states to ignore the Full Faith and Credit Clause.

By the way, Congress had never passed non-tax related laws regarding marriage before DOMA. In case you wondering, polygamy is actually governed by the states.

Dole, Raich and DOMA were all revolutions against federalism generally and the Tenth Amendment specifically that fuckheads like Rick Perry were either supportive of or silent about. Time after time after time the Commerce Clause has been manipulated to undermine states rights and destroy the Tenth Amendment, and morons like Governor Perry couldn't have been happier about it. Until now, of course.

American federalism was killed a long time ago. It was knocked to the ground by the New Deal, but the actual murder weapon was the Jesus fetish that the GOP brandishes as proudly as O.J Simpson would his knife, if only he could remember what he did with it after beheading his wife and some waiter.

You don't get to pick and choose which intrusive federal measures that fuck with the constitutional order are acceptable. Either none of them are or all of them are. You can't cite the Commerce Clause as grounds for invalidating democratically passed medical marijuana laws and then turn around and suggest that ObamaCare violates the Tenth Amendment. Well, I guess that you can, but that only proves that you're as dishonest as they come, ballistically stupid, or both. It proves that you're a shining example of what the modern Republican party has become, a place that people like Sarah Palin and Rick Perry can proudly call home.

You might wonder why I'm only picking on Republicans and conservatives on these themes, which is a fair question if you're an idiot. The reason is that no one expects liberals or Democrats to support federalism or the Tenth Amendment. They haven't done that since they failed to uphold segregation as a way of life in the South. Ever since then they've been pretty honest about the dominance of the federal government in American life.

The GOP and the modern conservative movement hasn't been quite as forthright about their intentions. They say they want issues like abortion returned to the states, but force laws on them regarding late-term abortion despite the fact that the actual murder of someone who has successfully undergone the birthing process is only a federal crime in the narrowest of circumstances and is almost never prosecuted. In the case of Terri Schiavo, the Republican Congress passed a law specific to one person and the president of the United States stayed up well past his bedtime to fly across the country to sign it.

Oh, and the Fourth Amendment was nice while it lasted. Just wait until the powers of the National Security Agency's warrantless wiretapping program are expanded into domestic criminal matters the way that the Patriot Act has been. The states didn't get a say in either of those things, now did they? And unless Sudafed is now somehow a national security threat, they should have.

Liberals, if nothing else, aren't lying about their ambitions for the scope of federal power. Conservatives are. It's not like Barack Obama ran around the country saying that he wouldn't massively intervene in the health care industry if elected.

Republicans, on the other hand, are all about federalism ... unless federalism dictates something that Jesus Wouldn't Do. Then it goes safely under the bus, only to be heard from again when Democrats return to power.

If you ever wondered why I would support a third-party movement in America, now you know. The only difference in statist interference between Republicans and Democrats is one of degree. Neither shows any fidelity to the spirit of the Constitution whatsoever, particularly where silly issues that aren't the federal goverment's business in the first place are being discussed.

As for Rick Perry, if I had my way, he'd be injected with weaponized sypillus and thrown out of a plan over Libya. But I think we all know that that's never going to happen. Nor are the Democrats going to beat him in Texas, as much as I'd like to see that happen.

Nonetheless, he's a monster with with a talent for dressing treason up as patriotism and he must be stopped soon. Allowing that constitutional deviant to remain in office only portends the dark day when states like Wisconsin openly muse about secession because the federal government isn't liberal enough.

That's why I'd like all of my American readers to donate as much money as they can to Kay Bailey Hutchison for next year's Republican primary for governor.



Isn't sixteen years of stupidity enough? If it isn't, can't you just write in the ghost of Jefferson Davis instead? A vote for Rick Perry is an affirmation of the Kingdom of the Dumb. Worse, it might br a vote for a second Civil War, since I haven't seen the federal government's views on seccession soften any in the last 144 years.

Senator Hutchison is far, far from perfect, but she's a damn sight better than turning Texas into Quebec with a slightly more amusing accent. Trust me when I tell you that you really don't want your own Quebec.

Sam Houston devoted his life to bringing Texas into the Union. Rick Perry seems to have devoted his to taking it out. President Houston was a real live hero and Texas needs one now.

In case you wondering, yes, I have devoted myself to a campaign of targeting the most lunatic of Republicans for defeat. I'm doing precisely the opposite of what right-wing bloggers are doing. If Democrats defeat the nuts, that's fine. If sensible Republicans defect to the Democrats, I'll support them, too.

After the knifing that John McCain took from idiots like Rush Limbaugh and and Ann Coulter, I've determined that they can have the party to themselves. Because they and moron blogosphere did so much to elect Obama, they deserve exactly what they get. Fuck them.

Purges work both ways. While I'm almost certain to lose against the fanatical, free-spending, invade everybody voices of what passes for the right these days, I don't care. If the choice in 2012 (should I be alive to see it, which I almost certainly won't) is between Obama and some whore like Romney, Giuliani or Palin, I'll unashamedly support Obama. At least he's not pretending to be a federalist.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar