Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Summer Entertaining ~ Lunch Alfresco

As much as I love my vintage china, I cannot help being drawn to classic designs that I can use when I want a clean look and that I know will work great with other patterns.   A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a Lenox outlet not far from our home and let me tell you, I felt like a kid in a candy store.  I have never seen so many aisles full of gorgeous china under one roof.   What a rush!!

It should not be a surprise to anyone that knows me that a piece of two came home with me. Including this gorgeous pattern called Biltmore “Lila” which I used to style the table featured on this post.  It is such a timeless pattern.  I just love the embossing on the plates and its pure white color.

I also love that it is perfect to mix with other patterns that I already own such as the one used to style this table.  It is by Wedgwood and designed by Martha Stewart.  The pattern is called “Garland Moss”.  The green on the salad plate was the inspiration for this table.  It is such a happy and bright color.  Who wouldn’t be happy with such sweet colors?

Most times, it is just my husband and I for dinner or lunch unless we have family and friends over. So last Saturday, we enjoyed another lovely meal alfresco.  Truth is, with winter being so long in these parts, we make the most out of our warm and sunny days.  So the majority of our meals are usually outdoors.  And during summer, we switch the menu up a bit.  It is more about light and easy meals.

For this lunch alfresco, I made an easy salad using arugula, kumato tomatoes, burrata cheese and asparagus topped with grilled shrimp.  For dessert, I made a lime-curd with swirls of whipped cream using a recipe found in Victoria magazine.  (See recipe below)







 



























Lime-Curd Parfait

RECIPE

3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon grated lime rind
2 large eggs
2/3 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups sweetened whipped cream
Garnish:  fresh raspberries, mint leaves and grated lime rind

1.  In a medium saucepan, heat sugar, lime rind, and eggs over medium heat, stirring with a whisk. Cook until sugar dissolves and mixture is light in color, about 3 minutes.  Stir in lime juice and butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture thinly coats the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.

2.  Transfer lime curd to a medium glass bowl.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.  To serve, divide whipped cream among 4 serving dishes, and spoon curd evenly over cream.  Swirl curd into cream. Garnish with raspberries, mint leaves, and lime rind, if desired.



Thank you so much for visiting me.  I hope you all have a great week.


Janet



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar