Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Commercial Whaling



In between my duties as the character designer on Ice Age 4 (that's right, Ice Age 4) and efforts to maintain my career as an illustrator, I sometimes have the opportunity to design for television commercials. Of the handful of commercials I've worked on, most have been with Hornet Inc., a cool little production house in Soho, N.Y.C., that does a really impressive variety of work. The commercial, which is a quick thirty seconds long, is about a race between a whale and a shrimp. Below are a few sketches, turntables and the finished version.

This is one of the first versions of the shrimp I came up with before I realized he needed to be a bit more motocross.






I explored various species of whale and for performance reasons, decided on the sperm whale.(No pun intended).




Whale model turntable


Shrimp model turntable

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar